Each week, NY1 takes a look at what's happening in the theater world on its weekly show "On Stage." Here's host Frank DiLella with a preview of this week's episode.
This weekend on "On Stage":
- The 1960 musical “Camelot” is back on stage this season courtesy of Lincoln Center Theater.
- The revival features a new book by Academy Award-winning writer Aaron Sorkin, best known for his work on “The West Wing” and for writing the screenplays for “The Social Network,” “Being The Ricardos” and much more.
- “On Stage” host Frank DiLella caught up with Sorkin and the “Camelot” company.
- Also on the show, DiLella will sit down with the stars of “The Thanksgiving Play” now playing at The Hayes Theatre on Broadway —D’arcy Carden, Katie Finneran, Scott Foley and Chris Sullivan.
- The hit comedy “Fat Ham,” currently playing at The American Airliens Theatre, is loosely based on Shakespeare’s “Hamlet.”
- The “On Stage” team set up a conversation between James Ijames and Marcel Spears, the playwright and the protagonist of the Pulitzer Prize winning play.
“On Stage” airs on Saturdays and Sundays at 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.