Police have identified the man who was killed when a parking garage collapsed in lower Manhattan earlier this week.

Willis Moore, 59, of Queens, died after a garage on Ann Street, between William and Nassau streets, collapsed Tuesday afternoon, the NYPD said Thursday.

The city’s medical examiner ruled Moore’s death an accident caused by blunt force trauma to the head, torso and extremities. The FDNY said emergency responders removed Moore’s body from the garage on Wednesday, a day after the collapse.

NY1 spoke with Adam Cohen, a garage customer who knew Moore. He described him as a friendly family man who had a great sense of humor.

"I knew the general manager Willis very well over the last 11 years, and he was a great guy. We'd crack jokes at each other, tell stories, talk about kids, as he had a daughter, and just the nicest guy in the world," he said. "Saw him Tuesday morning walking past him after dropping the girls to school and gave him a wave. Didn't think anything of it."

In a statement provided to NY1, Enterprise Ann Parking, LLC, the garage’s tenant, called the collapse a “tragic event.”

“We are devastated at the loss of one of our long-time employees and our thoughts are with his family and those who were injured in the accident,” the company said. “We thank all of the first responders who quickly attended to those who were impacted and appreciate their courageous work.”

“We are fully cooperating with city agencies and other authorities as they investigate this incident,” it added.

Five other garage workers were injured in the collapse, four of whom were hospitalized in stable condition and one of whom refused medical attention at the scene, an FDNY official said Tuesday.

Mayor Eric Adams’ office on Wednesday said workers were in the process of demolishing what remained of the building.

According to Adams, the city is monitoring the air quality in the area for fear of asbestos. City Hall officials said air quality results have come in below city and state limits. 

As of Wednesday, contractors had removed part of the front of the garage, as well as six of the approximately 80 to 90 cars it was housing, the mayor’s office said.

The American Red Cross is assisting nearby residents who were forced to vacate their buildings after the collapse, his office added.