In a race that could determine the balance of power in the state Senate, Josh Robin moderated a debate between Democratic challenger Andrew Gounardes and Republican incumbent Marty Golden, in a rematch for Brooklyn's 22nd district.
The candidates debated:
- If the state legislature would be best served with Republicans keeping Democrats in check.
- What the next state senator can do to reduce property taxes.
- Golden's numerous driving violations and opposition to speed cameras.
- Allegations that Golden doesn't pay women staff members equally.
- If parolees should have been given back their right to vote.
- What the state Senate needs to do to address the transit crisis.